The Fresh Market - a New Store (Connect to store's website here)


I have my favorite shopping routine like everyone else, but once in a while I try out a new store to see what's up.  Today I drove to 21st Street in Vero Beach and went to The Fresh Market.  I'd been wondering if it was an organic, fresh fruit-vegetable place and it is, plus more.  I'm so glad I went.  Now I'm hooked.  It's lovely to walk into with the stacks of fresh produce, offering just about everything you hoped for: the usual Florida citrus, Spanish or Latino squashes, plantains, tamale corn husks, red and green peppers of all kinds, etc.  But for me the best part is the prepared foods section offering roasted chicken, small hams, pizzas, baby back ribs, pasta salads, side dishes, prepard fish - just wonderful for taking home for lunch or dinner.  They also have canned goods from different ethnic groups, fresh seafood and meats and a wonderful fresh sushi area and a deli, as well.  And let's talk about the fresh baked goods!  Oh my gosh!  Wonderful breads and rolls, cookies, cakes, desserts.  I wanted everything.  I stayed pretty well in control of myself and only bought a bag of Rosemary Sea Salt Rolls.  I had to have one right away, so I ate it in my car on the way home.  These would be great with pasta dishes, soup, salad or anyway you can think of. 


They are crunchy, salty on the outside while still soft and tasting mildly of rosemary on the inside.  Perfect!  This store is definitely on my grocery shopping list from now on.  By the way, the prices are comparable to other grocery stores.

This store also has special events, such as having a Chef come in and demonstrate cooking techniques.  I certainly can benefit from that!  I've marked my calendar.

No comments: