Birthday Surprises in the Mail!

I was expecting the mailman to bring my order from QVC: lilies and phlox, so when he delivered 2 boxes, I thought, "Must be my plants."  I hurriedly slit open the first box and what a surprise!  It was a box of giant chocolate covered strawberries!  From my grandson in Ohio!  They were the largest, juiciest strawberries I've ever seen!  You'll notice one is missing...hmmm, wonder where it went?




I checked the return address on the next box, thinking that it might not be the plants, either.  I didn't recognize the return address and wondered what was going on.  Another big surprise!  This one was a bonsai azalea tree, which I've never heard of, from my daughter!  It's got dozens of tiny buds ready to bloom.  I can't wait to see this in full flower. 



The night time temperatures are still pretty low (48), so even though the days are nice and sunny and around 70 to 75 degrees, I bring the azalea in at night.   I've never attempted growing a bonsai of any kind, so I'm hoping I can keep this one alive.  I'll have to read some tips on the care and feeding of azaleas, as well as bonsai trees.  Pretty tricky.

No comments: