Relax on Hutchinson Island (link here)


What a beautiful sunset while on the island!  Reminds you a little of the south seas, doesn't it?  This is just another great spot on the Treasure Coast.  I drove down to one of the beaches last week to see if any new larger shells had washed ashore but I was disappointed.  I sat and sifted through the tiny shells that were left there for sea glass but there was nothing worth bringing home.  It's still a relaxing past time.  The funniest thing is, as I was walking on the little pathway toward the beach from the parking lot, I spied these large green/brown objects! 

At first I couldn't imagine what they were, then it dawned on me:  they're coconuts!  How dumb am I?  But I've never seen coconuts like these before - just the small brown, hairy ones in the grocery store.  I picked up these 2 and brought them home.  I looked around for someone to ask if it was okay to take them, but there was no one.  They were lying on the ground, so I assumed it was okay.  You never know in a park if you can pick up things; even pine cones.

The beach was nearly empty, so I had it to myself.  Sometimes it's more fun if there are other sun worshipers to watch, though.  Don't you find yourself almost hypnotized by watching what people are doing? 


On the way back to the mainland, I stopped and took this photo at Fort Pierce Inlet.  It's a nice little area to have a picnic at tables there and watch boats from the Marina come in and out.  This is a busier area than the beach normally, but right now in early March, it's a little too early for crowds.  The Easter Holiday brings more people to all the beaches. 

Both of the areas shown above are along Seaway Drive on the Island.  There are numerous restaurants and other facilities, as well as condos and individual residences.  I'd love to live on either Orchid or Hutchinson Island. 



No comments: