The Beach!


Oh my gosh, I can't believe that I get to go to the beach and look at the ocean any time I want! This is the most exciting thing to me. It's a 15 to 20 minute drive to my favorite beach (depending on road construction). The sand is a pale beige and the beach is rather narrow, so I look up the tide chart to find out when low tide will be. At that time, the beach is wide and has more room, although not very many people go there anyway. It's just so relaxing to sit and watch the waves or to walk along the beach or read or watch other people as they swim, boogie board or run around. Some people do metal detecting, which I enjoy, too. I haven't found anything yet though. It's also fun to walk along the sidewalks and window shop or stop in a sidewalk cafe for a lemonade. Everyone is smiling and happy. And tan. This is the most enjoyable thing to do in my retirement.

These beaches are not popular surfing areas; the waves are not high enough. So they don't draw the big crowds. There is another beach I enjoy that has darker sand and is very wide. It has some shells on it that are fun to look through and pick your favorites to take home, but they are no bigger than 2 or 3 inches.


I'll talk more about the history of the Treasure Coast later on. It's very interesting because pirates used to land here in their Spanish ships. Some ships have sunk along the coastline here and a lot of treasure has been found and put into local treasure museums.

No comments: